What could be more refreshing than a pool with the hot summer days ahead of us? But before starting your fun in the sun, you must ensure that your pool is clean and safe. The best way to do this is to test the water regularly.
There are many types of pool test kits on the market, so it can be hard to know which one to choose. To help you make the best decision for your needs, we have compiled a list of the top five pool test kits. We’ll tell you what each one does and how well it works, so you can decide which is the best for your swimming hole.
Best Pool Test Kits
Regular testing and maintenance are crucial to keeping your pool in tip-top shape, and the best way to do that is with a pool test kit.
There are a lot of different pool test kits on the market, and we’ve put together a list of the best ones based on customer reviews, features, and prices.
1. JNW Pool and Spa Test Strips
- ENJOY YOUR POOL & SPA: Keep your water clean, healthy, and enjoyable with our 7-in-1 test strips for pools and spas that test your water for hardness, chlorine, bromine, free chlorine, pH, cyanuric acid, and alkalinity
- QUICK & EASY: Our pool strip test takes the guesswork out of your pool and spa maintenance. Simply dip the pool strips into the water, get your results within seconds, and adjust your water accordingly
- ACCURATE & RELIABLE: It’s never been this easy to take a faultless reading of your pool chlorine test strips. The pool testing strip bottle features a comprehensive color chart for reliable and accurate results
- 100 TEST STRIPS: Get more for your money with our pH test strips for pool water and spas. Each bottle contains 100 water test strips for spa and pool water. Used weekly, this pH testing kit will last you up to 2 years
- INCLUDES E-BOOK: Our pH strips for pool and spa water include an eBook packed with important info to help you achieve healthy pool and spa levels from the comfort of your home
Looking for an accurate and easy-to-use pool test kit? Look no further than JNW Pool and Spa Test Strips. These strips test for seven parameters: total hardness, chlorine, bromine, free chlorine, pH, cyanuric acid, and total alkalinity. They are extremely easy to use –dip the strip in water and compare the results to the large color chart on the bottle. The ideal range is marked on the bottle for reference.
Each purchase of JNW Pool and Spa Test Strips comes with a bonus free e-book that explains how to track and record your results for ultimate accuracy. With 100 strips per bottle, you’ll have plenty of tests to keep your water clean, safe, and crystal clear all year.
The product helps you monitor the water quality and make sure the pH levels are balanced. The strips are easy to use and give accurate results. They are easy to use and give accurate results. The strips help you maintain the water quality and make sure the pH levels are balanced. You can keep your pool or spa in top condition with these strips.
Easy to use
Gives accurate results
It comes with a bonus e-book
100 strips per bottle
Pricey as compared to other products
2. HTH 1273 6-Way Test Kit Swimming Pools Chemical Tester
- BENEFITS: Tests chlorine, bromine, pH, alkalinity, calcium hardness and CYA in your swimming pool
- USE: Test weekly up to 100 times with only one kit so you can keep your pool water clean all season long
- COMPATIBILITY: All pool types including chlorine, bromine and saltwater systems
- FEATURES: Allows you to see results of the test in seconds
- INCLUDES: Pool test kit with instructions
If you’re looking for a reliable and easy-to-use pool test kit, it is another great option. With this kit, you can test for chlorine, bromine, pH, alkalinity, calcium hardness, and CYA levels in your pool water, all with just a few drops of water. Plus, the results are visible in seconds, so you can easily keep an eye on your pool’s water quality. The kit includes everything you need to get started, including instructions.
It is one of the affordable pool test kits on the market. It is simple to use, provides accurate results, and is affordable. This pool test kit will help you keep your swimming pool water clean and clear to enjoy it all season long. Overall, it is simple to use and provides accurate results, so you can be sure your pool water is always clean and clear.
Easy to use
Provides accurate results
pH level might fluctuate While using the tester.
3. WWD POOL Swimming Pool Spa Water Chemical Test Kit
- 2 Way Pool Water Test Kit For Test For OTO, CL, and PH Level
- Includes clear view water testing unit with accurate measuring scale and integrated color for easy reading chemical leaves
- Includes one 1/2-ounce bottle chlorine test solution, one 1/2-ounce bottle pH test solution, plastic tester and carrying case
- Easy to use, just fill each test tube with pool water, add 4 drops of the proper solution into each test tube, put the test tube caps on, shake the testing block then check the Chloride, Bromine and pH readings.
- Please use it before expire date which printed on the back of the case.
This two-way test kit includes a clear view water testing unit with integrated color for easy reading and one 1/2-ounce bottle each of chlorine and pH test solutions. The included plastic tester and carrying case make it easy to take this kit wherever you go. Fill each test tube with pool water, add 4 drops of the proper solution, shake the testing block, and check the readings. Be sure to use the kit before the expiration date is printed on the back of the case.
Follow the directions, and your pool water quality will be tested. This test kit is great for pools of all sizes and can be used on fresh and salt water. It’s a must-have for any pool owner and will keep your swimming area sparkling clean.
Easy to use
Tests for both chlorine and pH levels
It comes with a clear view water testing unit
Great for pools of all sizes
Costly according to the material used.
4. EASY TEST 7-Way Pool Test Strips
- AFFORDABLE 150 STRIPS: This water chemical testing kit contains 150 test strips. Enough balanced for your swimming pool, hot tub, spa and other water testing. At least testing twice a week is recommended to keep your pool sparkling clean and safe.
- ACCURATE AND FAST TESTING: Just soak in water for 1 seconds; Then take it out,no need to shake excess water off and hold the test strip horizontally for 15 seconds; Compare with the color chart on the bottle to obtain clear and accurate water quality results.
- 7 IN 1 POOL TEST KIT: Test all necessary parameters for your swimming pool at one time, such as Bromine, Total Alkalinity, pH, Free Chlorine, Total Hardness, Cyanuric Acid, and Total Chlorine. Monitor the water quality at any time you want.
- HIGH ACCURACY POOL TESTING STRIPS: High-quality fiber paper and no-bleeding pads selected after repeated trials by R&D personnel. No need to shake off excess water and follow the instructions easily, you will to get the accurate results.
- TIPS FOR ACCURATE RESULTS: Keep wet fingers away from the strips. Read under natural daylight for best results.Store in a cool dry place.The expiration is 2 years from manufacture. Once opened, use up in 90 days.
The EASYTEST 7-Way Pool Test Strips are a great way to test your pool’s water quality. With 150 strips in each bottle, you’ll have enough to test your pool twice a week. These strips are easy to use – soak in water for 1 second, then take it out and hold the strip horizontally for 15 seconds. Compare the strip’s color to the chart on the bottle to get accurate results. This testing kit includes strips for bromine, total alkalinity, pH, free chlorine, hardness, cyanuric acid, and total chlorine. Keep your pool sparkling clean and safe by monitoring its water quality regularly.
It is simple to use, accurate, and reliable. This pool test kit also comes with a comprehensive instruction booklet that will help you understand the results of your tests.
Tests for 7 different water quality parameters
It comes with a comprehensive instruction booklet
150 strips per bottle
Some users found the color chart on the bottle difficult to read
Strips may lose their accuracy over time
5. Taylor K2005 Swimming Pool
- Includes .75 oz reagent bottles
- High Range (HR) kit
This complete test kit includes everything you need to accurately test the chlorine, bromine, alkalinity, hardness, and pH levels in your pool water. With its easy-to-use instructions, you can be sure to get accurate results every time. And because it’s from Taylor, you know you’re getting a quality product that will last.
It includes .75 oz reagent bottles. The DP (drop-point) test is also included in this professional-grade kit, making it easy to ensure that your pool water is safe and clean. With this all-in-one solution, you’ll be able to keep your swimming area looking great and comfortable all season long.
Easy to use
Complete test kit
Pricey as compared to other products.
How Often Should Pool Water Be Tested?
The frequency of testing pool water depends on several factors, including how often the pool is used, the weather, and the type of pool. A well-maintained pool should be tested at least once a week.
A few simple tests can be performed to check pool water quality. The most important test is to check the chlorine level. Chlorine is used to kill bacteria and other contaminants in pool water. The recommended chlorine level in pool water is between 1 and 3 ppm (parts per million).
Other tests that can be performed include checking the pH level and the alkalinity of the water. The pH level should be between 7.2 and 7.6, and the alkalinity should be between 80 and 120 ppm.
It is also important to test for calcium hardness. The recommended level of calcium hardness is between 175 and 225 ppm.
Are Pool Water Test Strips Accurate?
If you’ve ever wondered whether or not pool water test strips are accurate, the answer is yes, but with a few qualifications.
- It’s important to understand that there are different types of pool test strips on the market. Some are designed for testing “total chlorine,” while others are meant for “free chlorine.” It’s important to use the right type of strip for your needs.
- Also, it’s important to ensure that you use the strips correctly. Many people don’t realize that pool test strips need to be inserted into the water for a certain time to get an accurate reading. Be sure to follow the instructions on your particular brand of the test strip.
- Furthermore, it’s important to understand that pool test strips can only give you a general idea of the chlorine levels in your pool. They’re not designed to give you an exact reading. You’ll need a more sophisticated testing method, such as an electronic pool tester or digital pool test kit to detect chemical levels.
Still, if used correctly, pool test strips can be a helpful tool in keeping your swimming area safe and clean.
What to Consider When Choosing the Best Pool Test Kit?
You must consider many factors when choosing the best pool water test kits. Here are some of the most important things that you should keep in mind:
One of the most important things you need to consider when choosing a pool test kit is accuracy. You want to ensure that the kit can accurately measure the chlorine levels in your pool. There are many different ways to test for accuracy, so do your research before purchasing a kit.
2. Ease Of Use
For some people, using a pool test kit can be confusing. If you are not familiar with how to use one, then you may want to purchase a kit that is easy to use. Also, make sure to read the instructions that come with the kit before using it.
You also want to ensure that your pool test kit is durable. This is especially important if you plan on using it frequently. There are many different materials that kits are made of, so choose one that will withstand wear and tear.
Of course, you will want to consider the pool test kit’s cost when deciding. There are many different kits on the market, and the prices vary greatly. Make sure to compare prices before making your final decision.
5. Testing Options
Another thing to consider when choosing a pool test kit is the testing options. Some kits only test for chlorine, while others may also test for other things such as pH levels. Make sure to choose a kit that has the testing options you need.
What Is The Most Accurate Way To Test Pool Water?
There are a few ways to test pool water, but the most accurate way is to use a pool test kit. Test kits can be purchased at most pool supply stores and usually come with everything you need to get started. Also, look for a kit that is easy to use and read.
How Can I Test My Pool Water Without A Test Kit?
First, you must get a small sample of your pool water into a clear container. Then, put a few drops of red cabbage juice into the water and wait for a few minutes to see if the color changes. If the color of your pool water changes, it means that your pH levels are not balanced. You can use this test to see how acidic or alkaline your pool water is.
How Long Can I Keep Pool Water Before Testing?
Ideally, you should test your pool water at least once a week. However, if you have just shocked your pool or had a lot of rain, you may need to test it more frequently.
Can You Test Pool Water At Night?
Yes, you can test your pool water at night. Also, it is best practice to test your pool at least once a week, but you may need to test it more frequently, depending on how often it is used.
If you have a swimming pool, it is important to keep it clean and well-maintained. Part of this process includes regularly testing the water to ensure that the pH levels are balanced and that no bacteria are present. While there are many different pool test kits on the market, we believe the 5 options we’ve listed above are the best.
No matter which one you choose, you can be confident that you’re getting a high-quality product that will help you keep your pool in tip-top shape all season long.