It’s no secret that security is a top priority for Airbnb hosts. A smart lock can give you the peace of mind to know that your home is secure while you’re away. But with so many different options on the market, it can be tough to know which one is right for you.
We’ve researched and compiled a list of the best smart locks for Airbnb hosts. Whether you’re looking for something straightforward or something with all the bells and whistles, we’ve got you covered.
So, without further ado, let’s get started!Table could not be displayed.
Top 5 Best Smart Lock for Airbnb Properties
There are a lot of different smart locks on the market, but not all are created equal. Some are more expensive than others, some have more features, and some are easier to use. We’ve researched to find the best smart lock for Airbnb, and we think you’ll be happy with our picks. Let’s discuss them in detail.
1. Yale Assure Lock
No products found.
- Security System: It uses a touchscreen system compatible t will allow you to keep your home secure while away on vacation.
- Number of Codes: It comes with a keypad that can hold up to 20 unique codes. This means that you can give each guest their code that expires when they check out.
- Smartphone Compatibility: The lock is compatible with Android and iOS smartphones. This means that you can use your smartphone to lock and unlock your door and check your lock’s status.
- Warranty: The Yale Assure Lock comes with a 1-year warranty. You can contact Yale customer service for assistance if there are any problems with your lock.
A great way to provide keyless entry for kids when they get home from school or for the dog walker while you’re away. The Assure Lock was designed with a durable zinc alloy that can withstand the bumps and scrapes of everyday life. Choose between polished brass, satin nickel, or oil-rubbed bronze to complement your home’s style.
A limited lifetime warranty backs Yale Assure Locks. This smart lock works with Amazon Alexa, Hey Google, Airbnb, Philips Hue, Apple HomeKit, and more. The Wi-Fi Connect Bridge means there’s no additional hub needed. You can also use the Yale Access app on your smartphone or Apple Watch to unlock your door.
Also, there is an auto-lock feature and DoorSense technology. Once your door is closed, the Assure Lock will automatically lock and secure your home. With Auto-Unlock, your Assure Lock will automatically unlock as you approach your home.
2. August Wi-Fi Smart Lock
No products found.
- Security System: The August Smart Lock has a state-of-the-art security system that will keep your home safe and secure.
- Number of Codes: The lock can hold up to 30 different codes at once. This means that you can program in different codes for different people.
- Smartphone Compatibility: It is compatible with most smartphones. This means that you can use your phone to unlock the door. Additionally, you can use your phone to add or remove codes from the lock. This makes it easy to track who has access to your home.
- Warranty: The lock comes with a warranty. This means that if anything goes wrong with the lock, you can get it replaced or repaired. Additionally, if you have any problems with the lock, you can contact customer service for help.
The August Wi-Fi Smart Lock is a great option if you’re looking for a smart lock that will work with your Airbnb rental. This lock is designed to be installed inside your door, making it more secure and convenient. The August smartphone app makes it easy to share access with friends, family, or other people you trust. The lock also features Auto-Lock and DoorSense, making it easy to keep your home secure. Additionally, the built-in Wi-Fi allows the lock to work with your favorite voice assistant, making it a seamless part of your smart home.
3. SCHLAGE Connect Smart Deadbolt
No products found.
- Security System: It has an integrated security system that senses movement and alerts homeowners to potential intruders.
- Number of Codes: This smart lock can store up to 30 different access codes so that you can give temporary access to your Airbnb guests.
- Smartphone Compatibility: It is compatible with Android and iOS smart devices, making it easy to control from your smartphone.
- Warranty: This smart lock has a limited lifetime warranty, so you can be sure it will stand up to regular use.
SCHLAGE Smart lock is the combination of an access code and fingerprint verification that creates a keyless entry that is both secure and flexible. Integrated Alarm technology senses the movement within the home and alerts homeowners to potential intruders. Tamper-resistant features protect against common forced entry methods.
It is a great option if you’re looking for a smart lock that will work well with your Airbnb. This deadbolt has Key App compatibility and can be controlled via voice commands when paired with an Alexa-compatible Zigbee Smart Home system. You can also share access codes with trusted friends and family members, and an electronics warranty makes this a smart lock you can count on.
4. Nuki Smart Lock 3.0
No products found.
- Security System: It features a built-in security system that includes an anti-pick cylinder, a tamper alarm, and an auto-lock function. This makes it one of the most secure smart locks on the market.
- Number of Codes: The Smart Lock 3.0 can store up to 200 different codes, making it perfect for Airbnb hosts with many guests.
- Smartphone Compatibility: This lock is compatible with both iOS and Android smartphones.
- Warranty: This lock comes with a two-year warranty.
This keyless door lock can be opened and closed via smartphone, making it super convenient for guests to come and go. The Airbnb Smart Lock 3.0 features Auto Unlock and Lock’n’Go functions, meaning the door will automatically open and close whenever you return home or leave. And if that wasn’t enough, the Nuki Smart Lock 3.0 is also easy to install (in under three minutes!) and comes with top-of-the-line security features, making it a great choice for any home.
5. Sifely Keyless Entry Door Lock
No products found.
- Security System: The Sifely Smart Door Lock has a built-in security system that automatically locks the door after it’s been opened and closed. You can also set up a pin code to keep people out who don’t have the code.
- Number of Codes: You can create up to 250 different codes for the Sifely Keyless Entry Door Lock, which is more than enough for even the busiest Airbnb rental. And if you need more, you can always add more!
- Smartphone Compatibility: It is compatible with iOS and Android smartphones, so you’ll be able to use it with your Airbnb rental no matter what phone your guests have.
- Warranty: It comes with a one-year warranty, so you can be sure it’s a quality product.
The advanced 5-in-1 lock can be opened with your fingerprint, a code, a fob, smartphone, or a key, making it one of the most versatile and secure locks on the market. Plus, the installation is cool. You can do it yourself in minutes with a screwdriver. And if you pair the lock with the optional Sifely Wi-Fi Gateway, you’ll be able to control it remotely, set up codes, and check access logs from anywhere.
Plus, it comes with several features that are perfect for Airbnb hosts, including remote locking and unlocking, auto-locking, and guest management. And if you ever have any problems with the lock, the customer support is excellent.
Also Read: Best Garage Security System
|Best Smart Lock for Airbnb Properties
|Yale Assure Lock
|August Wi-Fi Smart Lock
|Biometric verification, Retrofits to your existing deadbolt, No hub needed
|SCHLAGE Connect Smart Deadbolt
|Fingerprint resistant touchscreen
|Nuki Smart Lock 3.0
|Auto Unlock & Lock'n'Go
|Sifely Keyless Entry Door Lock
|Passcode Unlock, Fingerprint Unlock, Fob Unlock, Key Unlock and Smartphone Unlock
Features to Consider While Buying a Smart Lock System
While there are many factors you’ll need to consider while purchasing a smart lock system for your Airbnb, here are eight of the most important ones:
1. Ease Of Use
First and foremost, you’ll want to ensure that the system you’re considering is easy to use. After all, you’ll be relying on it to keep your property secure. If it’s difficult to operate, it could wind up causing more problems than it solves.
Also, remember that your guests will need to be able to use the system. Look for a system with a user-friendly interface that even first-time users can understand.
2. Remote Access
Another key feature to look for is remote access. This allows you to manage and monitor your lock system from anywhere worldwide. So, if you’re away on vacation, you can still keep an eye on things and make sure everything is running smoothly. It also comes in handy if you ever need to change the system while you’re away from home.
3. Automatic Locking
Automatic locking is another must-have feature. This means that the door will automatically lock itself after opening. That way, you don’t have to worry about whether or not your guests remembered to lock up before bed. Also, some systems will allow you to schedule when the door should lock and unlock itself. This can be handy if you have regular guests who come and go at specific times.
4. Battery Backup
You’ll also want to ensure that your chosen system has a battery backup. This ensures the system will still work despite a power outage. Many smart lock systems will send you an alert if the batteries run low, so you can replace them before they run out completely. Most systems come with backup batteries that will last for several hours, but it’s always good to have an extra layer of protection.
You’ll want to make sure that the system you choose is durable. After all, it will be exposed to the elements and must withstand a lot of wear and tear. Look for a system that’s made from high-quality materials and that comes with a warranty.
6. Easy Installation
Another important factor to consider is how easy the system is to install. If you’re not particularly handy, you’ll want to ensure that the system you choose is relatively easy to implement. Otherwise, you may need to hire someone to do it for you.
It’s also a good idea to choose a scalable system. This means that it can be expanded as your needs change. For example, if you decide to add more properties to your Airbnb business, you’ll want a system that can accommodate the additional locks.
You must ensure that the smart lock system you buy is compatible with your Airbnb property. There are many types of locks on the market, so it is important to research to find the right one. The last thing you want is to buy a system that does not work with your particular type of door or window.
9. Customer Support
Lastly, you’ll want to ensure that the company you’re considering offers good customer support. This is important if you have any questions or problems with the system. Look for a company that offers 24/7 support and a good reputation.
Also Read: Best Garage Fan
Is Smart Lock Safer Than Deadbolt?
It depends on various factors, such as the quality of the lock, the security features it offers, and how it is installed. However, in general, smart locks are considered to be more secure than traditional deadbolt locks. This is because they typically offer additional features that make them more difficult to break into, such as tamper-resistant designs, auto-locking mechanisms, and encrypted keypads. Additionally, many smart locks can be controlled remotely via an app or another connected device, which gives you an extra layer of protection against potential intruders.
What Is The Safest Smart Lock?
The answer to this question depends on your specific needs and preferences. However, some of the market’s most popular and highly rated smart locks include the August Smart Lock, the Schlage Connect Smart Deadbolt, and the Yale Assure Lock.
These locks all offer different features and levels of security, so it’s important to do your research to find the one that best suits your needs.
Do Smart Locks Have Cameras?
Some smart locks come with built-in security cameras, while others do not. However, many third-party security cameras can be integrated with a smart lock system. This allows you to monitor who is coming and going from your home and receive alerts if someone tries to force their way in.
A smart lock is a must-have if you manage an Airbnb property. Not only do they provide an extra level of security for your guests, but they also make it easier for you to manage access to your property. There are many great options for smart locks that would be perfect for your Airbnb rental. We hope this guide has helped you narrow your choices and find the best lock for your needs.
So, what are you waiting for? Give yourself some peace of mind and pick up a smart lock today!